Prestige & Professionalism
Founded in 1891 as the Nashville Board of REALTORS®, Greater Nashville REALTORS® has been serving our members for over 100 years. With a focus on four core areas, the association has served its members then as it does now with professional development, legislative affairs, community involvement and dispute resolution. With over 4,000 members and affiliates, Greater Nashville REALTORS® is the largest real estate association in Middle Tennessee.
The term REALTOR® is a registered service mark distinguishing the real estate professional. REALTOR® is a term trademarked by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and therefore may only be used its members. The use of the REALTOR® term or logo by non-members is strictly prohibited. Improper usage may result in trademark infringement penalties.
Relationships with local, state and national political and governmental sources help keep the interests of association members and property owners supported and protected. Our members have been asked to serve in various capacities at every governmental level, as well as participate in both the state and national REALTOR® Day on the Hill. Greater Nashville REALTORS® also has its own local PAC (political action committee), Greater Nashville REALTORS® PAC, which invests in local pro-industry candidates and issues.
Acknowledged throughout the nation and the region as a leader in real estate education, the association offers a wide variety of courses to best equip you and your business. We offer courses leading to REALTOR® designations including ABR, CRS and SRES. There are also a variety of classes to help you expand the skills you need to list and sell more while earning your education credits. These include technology, sales motivation, disclosure, negotiating and more. The association offers the highest quality training programs with nationally known real estate instructors.
The REALTOR® organization prides itself on its ability to uphold professional standards of the highest integrity. REALTORS® separate themselves by abiding by a Code of Ethics that was first adopted in 1913. The Grievance and Professional Standards Committees review and address any complaints filed by members regarding violations of the Code of Ethics. Members also have access to arbitration services. By utilizing the arbitration services of the Association, members can quickly resolve transaction dispute with members in a fair and inexpensive manner.
Greater Nashville REALTORS® is a strong believer in the power of relationship. A host of meetings and events throughout the year provide you with numerous opportunities to connect with others in the profession and those who can assist you in your business.
- Membership Meetings - New members are introduced and welcomed, association business is conducted and attendees are addressed by quality speakers with on-trend topics. Past speakers have included NAR leadership, Nashville Mayor Megan Barry, Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey, NAR Past President Steve Brown and a panel of the most successful REALTORS® in Nashville.
- Awards of Excellence Gala – Members who excel in annual sales while being involved with the association are recognized for their achievement and are honored at an annual gala. The awards event is the local industry event of the year and brings in both winners and non-winners to a night of celebration. The event also recognizes the REALTOR® of the Year, who is honored for being the exemplary REALTOR®.
Middle Tennessee REALTORS® Convention – As the largest convention offered to REALTORS® in Middle Tennessee, this premier event provides educational training, a tradeshow detailing the latest products and services for REALTORS®, and tremendous networking opportunities.
The association uses a variety of means to communicate with our members. The Greater Things newsletter and Legislative Update are bi-weekly e-mails to all members sharing news and information related to current industry and association news. The Education Update is distributed monthly via e-mail to members with a current list of classes, seminars and other educational opportunities at the association. The association website (www.greaternashvillerealtors.org), Facebook page and Twitter feed also keep members updated on events, home sales information, regional information and industry news. Association members also receive official publications from Tennessee REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®, including REALTOR® Magazine.
The association also reminds the public of the value of using a real estate professional. This is done through news releases, articles in local print media, broadcast media and advertising.
Greater Nashville REALTORS® has a long-standing record of community involvement in multiple areas. Members are encouraged to become involved by volunteering to serve on a committee.
- Public Education Committee – The association knows the importance of the availability of quality education in the Middle Tennessee region. The association has been an active partner with Project PENCIL for over 20 years, including involvement at Apollo Middle School and more recently H.G. Hill Middle School.
- Habitat for Humanity Build – Greater Nashville REALTORS® is proud to have helped many families achieve the American Dream of homeownership. Each year, association members fund and work in shifts over four weekends to build a home for a Nashville-area family. The association will build our 21st home this year!
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament – The annual charity golf tournament is coordinated to raise money to fund the association’s Habitat for Humanity build each year. A large percentage of the association's annual financial commitment for sponsoring a Habitat for Humanity build is raised at this event. For REALTORS®, it’s a fun day of golf and networking as they visit with fellow REALTORS® and vendors.