Beginning today, May 11, Nashville has moved to Phase One of its Roadmap for Reopening Nashville.
Greater Nashville REALTORS® reached out to Nashville public health officials and received the following interpretation of how REALTORS® may conduct open houses under Phase One.
- Open houses are allowed under Phase One.
- Only one unit of people are allowed in the home at a time and that one-unit group can only consist of people that arrived together.
- Therefore, no individuals or groups should be in the home at the same time unless they arrived together.
- The exception is that the REALTOR® holding the open house can also be in the home with the one-unit group.
- Groups should wait outside and follow social distancing guidelines until their turn to see the home.
If there is positive improvement/stability of metrics for 14 days, Nashville will move to Phase Two. We do not know health officials’ interpretation of how open houses are to be conducted under Phase Two, but will ask and get that information out as soon as we know.
It is important that the entire industry abides by these rules for the safety of the community and to ensure that the real estate industry continues to be able to operate as an essential service.
For more information, NAR has provided Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS® to assist you in managing brokerage operations, marketing listings, and closing transactions, under these extraordinary circumstances.