Greater Nashville REALTORS®’ history dates back to 1891. First known as the Nashville Real Estate Exchange, it became the Nashville Real Estate Board in 1907 and then in 1967 the association was named the Nashville Board of REALTORS®. In 1996 the name was changed to the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS® (GNAR) and most recently in 2016, the Greater Nashville REALTORS® brand was established.
When the association started, there was no Tennessee or National Association of REALTORS®. As a matter of fact, the first attempt to create a national association of real estate boards was right here in Nashville, Tennessee in 1892. The attempt did not succeed, due in part to a national recession in 1893. What is now known as the National Association of REALTORS® was formed in 1908 in Chicago, Illinois. Nashville has been affiliated with the National Association of REALTORS® since 1911 – more than 100 years ago!
© 2010-2020 GREATER NASHVILLE REALTORS®, REALTOR® - A REGISTERED COLLECTIVE MEMBERSHIP MARK WHICH IDENTIFIES A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL WHO IS A MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® AND SUBSCRIBES TO ITS STRICT CODE OF ETHICS.Website by Accrisoft